There are a lot of things you can do to help yourself in getting rid of a virus or infection naturally. It’s no fun being sick, but there are some things that will be helpful. This post is about a regular virus affecting the whole body, not digestive problems.
A stomach upset is unheard of if you are eating right. You might try some activated charcoal for that. My husband and I got e-coli poisoning from some Cliff peanut butter bars years ago. We each took 6 of the A.C. pills and were soon fine. Other than that, I don’t know what to say since my family never has a tummy problem with our high-fiber foods.
So, for getting rid of a virus or infection naturally, this is what I would do:
- Avoid Animal Products – They have foreign DNA that can really tax your immune system if you have too much. Give yourself a break and stop while you are sick. While sick if you are going to eat or drink anything, choose items that are known to strengthen your body’s ability to fight off a virus.
- Go on a 24-hour fast – This works best if you have already been doing a plant-based diet and if you do it at the first sign of discomfort. Warning – Don’t do this one if you’re already sick. I learned this concept from a book on this link about Tanya Zavasta. Basically, no food means that your body will consume everything that is not you. That includes virus, cancer, bacteria, and pathogens. No water means that whatever water is left in your body will be conserved for what is genetically you. Everything else will dehydrate. This 24-hour fast technique is only supposed to work if you are on a total raw diet. But, I do a vegan diet almost all the time that includes cooked grains and beans, and it works for me. Whatever I was starting to get is gone by the 12th hour. My husband and my friend’s husband love the vegan lifestyle since they don’t even get colds or flus anymore like they used to every cold season.
- Have Happy Feelings – I read a book once called 101 Ways to Beat the Common Cold. It said in the book that your immune system will become a hundred times stronger if you do a nature meditation or listen to inspiring music. I read an inspiring book on a day that I was felt like I had a virus and it really helped. The book was so positive, all about paradise and the next life by someone who had had a near-death experience. The way it was written gave me a lot of positive feelings as I read. It took all day, but I sure felt all better when I was done.
- Have some sprouts when you feel your first symptom – I did a post on this link of how having some mung bean sprouts helped me naturally the morning I had my first symptom. I had been doing a healthy, plant-based eating plan prior to that.
- Avoid Sugar – It’s not natural and one teaspoon is known to depress the the white-blood cell count in your body for four hours.
- Include Virus-Fighting foods and herbs in your meals and drinks – onion, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, oregano, cayenne pepper, and Vitamins A & C.
- Rid yourself of Infection – If you have a sinus infection, having some fresh, spicy salsa on this recipe link will cut your symptoms down by half. Salsa has fresh tomatoes, lime or lemon juice, and green peppers for vitamin C; onion, garlic, and cayenne to kill everything – bacteria, germs, fungus, and all infections. Get a 2-cup container of it and the healthiest chips possible. Have each chip with a generous scoop of the salsa. The goal is not to eat the chips which aren’t that healthy, the goal is to eat the salsa and the chips will help with that. So, try to get as much salsa on each bite of chip as possible. Consume the whole container of salsa. There are also some ideas and links below that are helpful.
- Get Plenty of Sleep – Your body needs time to recuperate and rejuvenate. Getting plenty of sleep when there are invaders will do a lot to help you get better sooner.
Other than this, if you are already sick with a flu and haven’t been eating very healthy, I think you will just have to ride it out, take some garlic, drop the animal products, drink lemon/lime water and pray.
Some people like to get a blessing, and I think this can really help if you have faith in the healing power of Jesus Christ. You can find an LDS missionary to help with this at this link. They have the priesthood, which is the authority to act in God’s name, and it’s free.
Prevention is the best thing you can do though. If you are trying to follow a healthy eating plan, and if by some chance you do get a virus or infection, it will be a lot easier in getting rid of it naturally sooner.
For some ideas on how to do this, see the nutrition tab at the top of the page. You may want to try using these chicken seasoning and infection-fighting lemon garlic drink recipes as well as many of the other recipes on this site that have onion and garlic.