Eventually, you will be so excited about the little successes you are having that overtime you will be running with awesome results. But, for now, you need to do something that’s not so mentally challenging. You could be too depressed and overwhelmed trying to change everything overnight.
Just choose one or more items from this list and give it a try. Then, please let me know next week how it went for you.
- Read in the book Maximum Weight Loss by Dr. John A. McDougall daily. You can read 5, 10, or 15 minutes for starters.
- Drink water or herbal tea instead of milk and soda pop. Drink between meals, so you don’t dilute your digestive juices too much. Try ice water, it helps you use calories to get warmed up. Some people drink water 20 minutes before their meal in order to eat less because their tummy feel full.
- Have only two fresh fruits daily instead of desserts, dried fruits, fruit juices, and any type of cooked or canned fruit. Avoid sugary pastries and goodies.
- Have soup before every meal for a proven method of consuming less calories, you get full on mostly water.
- Go to bed early for better metabolism. The hours before midnight are healing and help you function better and feel better thus being more effective in your weight loss efforts.
- Eat your meals really slowly and thoroughly. Take all the time you need to really chew your food, notice the flavors, start the proper digestive process. Get more satisfaction out of less food.
- Have whole grains instead of anything with flour. Use grains in soups, salads, and casseroles instead of pasta. Try brown rice, millet, quinoa, wheat. Visit your local health food store to see what’s available. Or see what your regular grocery store has to offer.
- Eliminate all animal products; no dairy or flesh of any kind, no butter, no fish or chicken, no eggs, and no animal ingredients of any kind. Try it and see the pounds disappear effortlessly.Whatever disease or pain you have will start to reverse. You’ll feel terrific. This is probably the biggest step you can take for weight loss. If eliminating everything is too much, just eliminate one item per week until you are eating less and less of these types of extremely fattening foods. Have beans instead.
- Eat more vegetables, cooked or raw. Make a lovely salad. Steam some vegetables. Drizzle lemon or lime juice or even some apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Have a meal that is half wholesome starch and half vegetables each day. For starches, try nutritious potatoes, grains, corn, and beans. Then, drizzle with some lime juice or top with salsa. Steam some vegetables or have a salad.
- Find other condiments that are oil-free to use with your food, avoid anything that has oil. Don’t worry too much about the small stuff regarding ingredients in your condiments. For weight loss, it’s better to have some ketchup or mustard than pack on pounds with the oily dressings. Use whatever it takes to make your food taste good; such as salt, lemon/lime juice, herbal seasonings, and apple cider vinegar.
- Wait 20 minutes after eating a small to medium plate of wholesome starches and vegetables. See if it’s possible to be satisfied on less. Don’t starve, eat as much as you like, just wait 20 minutes between smaller plates.
- Have a daily baked potato with your favorite veggie weight-loss soup on top; Eating a baked potato is a smart weight loss choice if you don’t put on the butter. Open up your baked potato in a bowl and pour your favorite no-fat soup over it like gravy. Minestrone, chick-pea, vegetarian chili, and vegetable are excellent choices. Potatoes are high in vitamins and minerals, good carbohydrates for energy, and virtually no fat!
- Eat some vegetable sticks instead of chips and crackers. Try carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, cauliflower, and bell peppers. Eating more raw vegetables means getting full on the lowest calorie options.
- Learn how to cook with beans. Make bean burgers, try plain beans with salsa and rice, and add beans on your salad. Have a different type of bean each time. They are high in nutrients and energy.
- Get out and start exercising daily. Five minutes is doable for starters, then add another five minutes on next week. Eventually, you will want to be having a brisk walk for 30 minutes daily. It’s an effective fat-burning exercise and so good for you.
One little success builds upon another. Your feelings of accomplishment will soar. You will have awesome results by just choosing one thing to improve upon. You can do it